Friday, August 08, 2008

Finished Cleopatra's and New Kit (Spoiler?)

Finished Cleopatra socks! This pattern is a bit stripey for my tastes, but I LOVE the purple. I made the small size, increasing needle size as directed, and once again at the top of the leg (3's) ribbing. I also added back in a repeat of the chart for a longer sock that looks more like the photo in the pattern. I guess they shortened the sock out of concern that the largest size would run out of yarn? No worries with my short foot: I had enough for the extra chart repeat, and extra ribbing at the top of the sock.
I started these on the airplane on the way to Seattle for DBF's cousin's wedding, but didn't get too much done. I then knit away happily until they were done. At which time they sat around for about 2 weeks until I got around to weaving in the remaining 4 ends. Lazy!
I also got around to picking up the July shipment of the Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock club: A very pretty, candy-colored lightweight in Goody Goody. Upon opening the package, my mother exclaimed that they were her colors and she loves them, so I immediately told her I would knit the socks for her. She didn't have a preference between the 2 patterns, so I will go with the one I find more interesting, the Gumdrop Socks by JC Briar.
I hope this isn't a spoiler for anyone: Not only do I usually get my shipment last (Hawaii) but it took me so long to actually pick it up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hee, we almost finished the same time. I love my pair, though I think Marjan/Yarnissima picked a pattern that would stripe with Tina's yarn.

The new kit is very sweet too. I'm sure your mom will totally enjoy whichever pattern you knit for her.