Thursday, August 16, 2007

Solstice Slip Socks

I started the June installment of the Blue Moon Socks that Rock Club on July 30th, which, for me, is not very late at all! (I admit, still haven't started the April Grasshoppers). 2 needles: Did the first one almost to the end with 2 different lengths of new Addi Turbos #1 (2.5mm), then left that sock on the longer needles and started the 2nd sock on addis and knitpicks #1s.
I think the pattern is fun, but I might agree with other members who have noted that the color and pattern together is a little busy.
Toe-up: Of course. I love toe-up because I can fit my feet exactly and I can keep knitting until I run out of yarn.
Needles: I think I actually like the knitpicks needles better than the Addis, because the tips are pointier, and therefore easier to do cable needle-less cables. However, I like the stiffer Addis cords. So jury is still out on that one.
I do think I will add some ribbing to the tops when I get there: I do like how that looks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like how yours is turning out. Your leg portion doesn't have that super fat pooling mine had.

How's your yarn amount doing? Do you want my extras?