Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Spinning in my Tracks...


spinning getting finer
Originally uploaded by KelKnits
The big news from my end:
I quit my full time job!
Yay! I have been slaving away at the macadamia factory for 5 years now, and I just reached a point where I wasn't learning anyhing new, I wasn't ever going to do anything new, and I was stuck right where they needed me: Working the hated tasks over and over, with no chance of ever doing anything new. I was in a rut. One day I realized that my workload was now filled with the things I hated most: Purchasing, packaging, inventory... and it was never going to change.
So I left.
Now I am doing the two part time jobs, (writing and diving) and I am so happy- happier than I have been in years.

And I have time for a little spinning: I am working on consistancy and a finer wpi. This is still the scoured Romney roving from J's sheep. I think it may be fine enough to attempt a Navajo ply, which ends up being a 3-ply.

1 comment:

Acornbud said...

Congratulations on the big move. I submitted my resignation, but have 6 monhts 23 days 45 minutes and 22 seconds to go.