Saturday, January 27, 2007
Remember my useless, fingerless, silk and mohair gloves with the lace detail? I hate the lace detail. So today I did some surgery:
1. Run circular needles around the knitting, right above the motif and another right below.
2. Cut a stitch! (Both yarns)
3. Unravel hated section.
4. Re-knit section, re-attach thumb.
5. Discover that no directions for Kitchner Stitch make any sense. Graft pieces together by logic instead of directions.
When I was all done, and happy with the reconstruction, I discovered that I had increased stitches in arm #1, and not in arm #2. Thus, the frogging! But at least now it is just finishing and embroidering the gloves, and I don't wince every time I look at that lace piece.
(Wincing leads to never-wearing, which leads to buyers regret for the wasted silk and mohair skeins, which we JUST CAN'T HAVE!
I'm also making a boring dishcloth.
Yeah, yeah! I know I should be finishing the damn Kyoto Sweater! Next, I swear!