Monday, June 11, 2007

Baby Sweater


Started: Sometime after 5/25/07
Completed: 6/11/07
Yarn: W.West Designs Elysee 55% Wool 45% Rayon 50g/60y 4 balls
Pattern: Daisy by Stephanie Pearl McPhee (Yarn Harlot to you!)
Needles: Clover Bamboo #7s
This little sweater is blocking right now. I'm not sure which of two little baby boys will receive it yet, but since their births are imminent, I thought I should get a move on.
Now I just need to find some cute buttons!
(Does anyone else fear that buttons on baby clothes are a choking hazard? Anyone? Ideas?)

Oh: And did you see the new Summer 07 Knitty is up?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's more of a choking hazard when they're a little bit older (>6 mo?)'cause they're better able to yank on the button or chew on it more. Big buttons are better (larger than a quarter/hot dog circumference), but that's if you planned ahead and made the buttonholes extra large to accomodate them.

I don't remember all the advice some knitty board members gave on sewing buttons for baby sweaters on some old post, but my best thought is just to make sure they're sewn on really, really well.