Thursday, September 06, 2007

The Tilted Duster

I decided on a whim to make THIS: It is the Tilted Duster by Norah Gaughan in the Fall 2007 Interweave Knits. (I have been wanting to knit something of hers for AGES!I LOVE her book!)
Then I found the Knit-Along. Then I found some yarn last Saturday. I started on Monday afternoon and have been whipping along: I have been knitting socks for quite some time now and had forgotten how fast knitting goes in Stockinette on #10s. This is where I am now:
This is the back, the Right and Left Fronts, and one sleeve. And a SWATCH! The yarn is Galway Highland Heather in a heathered teal. I need to check the label but I think it is 100% wool. It has been quite some time since I knit a whole sweater!
Update: Oh: I altered the pattern only a little (so far) by knitting that sleeve in the round all the way up to the sleeve cap. (I like to reduce the amount of seaming and purling). Last night I sewed the side and shoulder seams on the top, and picked up stitches for the skirt and the collar. Technically this is a bit out of order (I should have done the other sleeve) but I am worried about the fit and want the top as complete as possible before I spend all that time on the skirt.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your Twisted Duster looks like it's off to a great start!

And I can't believe you got your STR yarn so late after having it delivered so close to CA time the last couple times.