Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Finished Baudelaire Socks!


Pattern: Baudelaire by Cookie A. as seen in Knitty
Needles: 2.5mm 2 circular Knitpicks
Yarn: Austermann Step Superwash wool and nylon. One Skein.
Began: August 20th 2007
Complete: September 23rd 2007
Medium Size: And I used the larger-instep directions (8 row cable up each side).
Alterations? Did a short-row stockinette toe instead of a Figure-8. Just for practice.

I tried to get the pink to match on the toes, but chose the wrong pink. So the socks don't match, but are fraternally stripey. Come to think of it: I may have done the first sock from the middle of a center-pull ball, and the second sock from the outside of a center-pull ball, having had nothing but tangles on the first sock. Now that would make it stripe differently, wouldn't it!
I love the yarn: It is light and soft and makes the lace seem like lingerie. I couldn't tell any difference in smell or feel from the supposed Aloe and Jojoba infusion. I love that my DBF got this yarn as a gift for me!
I love the pattern. too. Next time I would do it in a solid color, which looks prettier than the self-striping circus that I have now.
(The Cat can't stay out of the photo! Camera-hog!)

3 comments:

Lisa B (Moon) said...

These came out great!!Im a sucker for that pattern..its a fav of mine.
;0)

Unknown said...

It looks so soft & delightful to wear!

Laiane said...

Oh, a twofer! Baudelaire Socks and Cat Socks!